Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I was unfaithful to my wife, the girl photographed our

Customer Question

I was unfaithful to my wife, the girl photographed our events so she says, she made me pay her $2000 to go away. I agreed. then she continued with the threats of telling my wife.
I confided with my wife. to try and end this. she now has posted me and my wifes photo on Facebook with a subject stating My mane and that I cheated on my wife during her vacation. I'm hoping there is a legal fashion of retribution.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

First of all, if she made you pay her to go away, that is not only a contract with her, but it is also the crime of "extortion." So you can seek to file criminal charges against her for extortion AND you can also sue her for breach of contract for posting the information after you paid her not to do so.

So, you have the right to sue for her breaching her agreement to go away for $2000 and now you can sue her for all damages you incurred as a result of her breaching that contract.