Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I lost money in pr bonds 4 million 2years ago at ubs I kept

Customer Question

I lost money in pr bonds 4 million 2years ago at ubs I kept some interest manager cks and cash them before their expiration date every 6 months 1.4million.for the past 2 years now a supervisor changes my account without authorization and keeps the200 the and puts 107th in a marketing account unauthorized and states that the remaining 1.2million are stale and he wont cash them. This is a criminal case that goes beyond finra what shall I do?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Have you reported the violations to the authorities yet? If not you need to report the criminal violations to the proper authorities.

Second, in addition to making reports to the authorities, you would need to file a suit against the broker who committed these actions causing you to suffer the loss of the money and seek your damages from the civil court and obtain a judgment against them, which you can then seek to enforce against the broker, their E&O insurer and the company itself to recover your money.

You would need a local attorney in PR to file the suit in the civil courts to seek to recover your money.