Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

I'm a contract commission agent manufacture out of Texas. I

Customer Question

I'm a contract commission agent for a manufacture out of Texas. I am representing this manufacture in the State of Hawaii making 7% commission. I have just opened my first account for the islands but it has taken me two months, July & August.
My question is, is there a commission employment law that states the employer need to pay the agent $2000 draw against future commission as California does?
Mahalo Ron
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

My apologies but you are referencing a state specific law, and one solely specific to California. No other states, including Hawaii or Texas, have such laws on the books, which means that the employer has no duty to pay you an advance unless and only unless your contract with the employer states that the employer will provide you with such a draw.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.