P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

I had a tenant who i was going to evict. I was going to go

Customer Question

I had a tenant who i was going to evict. I was going to go through the proper channels and did so by giving here a letter to pay or quit. She accuse me of DV to stall on her already over due payments. I was arrested with no question after they talked to her but was never convicted. I have been offered a position for a psych assistantship and am trying to obtain my Doctorate in psychology will this affect my application even if no conviction had been made?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I am sorry for this dilemma.

The record of arrest will show up on a background check. That is, if you were arrested, there will be a record of that arrest...and a prospective employer would be able to view that record.

Now...CA law has a process you can use to "seal" an arrest record if you never received a conviction.

A local attorney can help you with that process.

Once the record is sealed, the prospective employer will not be able to see it

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.