LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

Is there any type of financial support available who are

Customer Question

Is there any type of financial support available for individuals who are denied disability in the state of new jersey/
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If your household income is low enough then you would qualify for the SNAP program (commonly referred to as food stamps) and if disabled, you may also qualify for SSI benefits and Medicaid health insurance.

And the fact that you were denied disability by the state does not mean that you cannot qualify for social security disability if you meet the proper criteria. Let me explain.

Social Security's definition of disability is as follows:

"Disability" under Social Security is based on your inability to work. We consider you disabled under Social Security rules if:

• You cannot do work that you did before;
  • Social Security decides that you cannot adjust to other work because of your medical condition(s); and
  • Your disability has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.

Here is a link where you can apply online for your benefit: http://www.ssa.gov/applyfordisability/ Your benefit will be about the same as your full retirement age retirement benefit.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug