Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

Are there attorneys in this area, seattle, wa. that will

Customer Question

are there attorneys in this area, seattle, wa. that will assist a native American in federal district court? I am acting as an advocate for a friend, who is having a real hard time acquiring an attorney, the biggest problem is, he is requesting payment on a contingency basis. And he has filed already in federal district court in Tacoma, wa. his civil rights were severely violated and has plenty of documentation and statements. Many attorney has stated the has a good case, but, the were skeptical going against an Indian tribe, due to sovereignty and self-governance law-lines. He nearly lost his life through this situation, and we strongly feel he needs justice served???
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

We are not permitted to refer any particualr lawyer to you; but I can try to refer you to a list of lawyers that may be able to help you with this issue so long as you understand 1. that I have no idea about their reputation or abilities, 2. that I have never contacted any of them or used any of them myself, and 3. that you would need to call and do the leg work on this.

Did you still want to continue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are really interested, however, I as an advocate, retired senior, and my friend is a seasonal fisherman, does real well, when the season is open, however, there is always a wait between seasons, this is why he is hoping for an attorney on a contingency basis. I would certainly help, if I could, because, this is how serious this situation really is, and will not stop with my friend, if we don't stop the corruption. He has been informed by many lawyers, that he has a very strong case. However, the biggest block in the matter, are most will not confront the sovereignty or self-governance law line. My friend nearly lost his life through this situation, and his civil rights were severely violated!!! The corruption hold on our reservation is way too strong for us to handle. However, as mentioned, my friend has a strong case against the violators and has plenty of documentation, doctors statements, ect. My friend had a filing deadline to meet, so he went on his own, filed in federal district court in Tacoma, WA. Has yet to receive a court date, but that may happen very soon. I would hate to see him lose his case on a "block" of technicalities!!!
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

http://www.lawyers.com/indians-and-native-populations/seattle/washington/law-firms/?ns=y&st=q&form=LHOM&tier=1

I could not find many, but look at the last name on the list above as they appear to do the type of law that you are asking about. You may want to contact them and see if either they or someone they know can help you.

If this answers your question, please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.

If you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place.

You may request me in the future on new and unrelated questions by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you list that you mentioned above never reached me???
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.

Law Firm in Seattle, WA

(###) ###-####/p>

I am not recommending that use or not use this firm as I know nothing about them other that they appear to be in Seattle and practice NAtive American Law. They may be able to refer you to someone who can assist you.