Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

If a lawn service has a contract stating that the contract

Customer Question

If a lawn service has a contract stating that the contract automatically renews and requires 60 days in writing prior to termination, is this enforceable if the lawn service does not provide the services defined in the contract (edging, trimming, blowing, etc.)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

No, this is not enforceable when the other party actually defaults under the contract by not performing. The lawn service is only protected by this provision if the lawn service is performing the services required and you would be terminating without cause. Here you have cause and have every right to terminate the lawn service without notice. The lawn service does not get to avail itself of the protection of a clause in the contract when the lawn service is in default under that contract.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!