Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

I was deposed yesterday. Opponents lawyer resigned from the

Customer Question

I was deposed yesterday. Opponents lawyer resigned from the case and moved out of state. A new lawyer entered the case. The lawyer who resigned came and conducted the deposition not the replacement lawyer. My lawyer objected to the lawyer who had resigned conducting the deposition. Does this situation invalidate any part if the deposition or have any impact
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

In short, if an attorney that is no longer of record and has not made a (new) entry of appearance on the case conducted the deposition, then your attorney can file a motion to vacate the deposition and have it stricken from the record. The attorney is not or is no longer registered or linked to the case, therefore the questions, answers and other materials (such as exhibits) can be removed form the record on motion of your attorney. The fact that your attorney objected at the time of the deposition can be made a component of the motion to have this deposition invalidated as well. That was a good move by the attorney representing you.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Please also rate my answer positively.

Best wishes going forward!

Did you have any other questions or comments? I want to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible. Thanks