Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.
19127644

What is the penalty attending a gran jury subpoena in the

Customer Question

what is the penalty for not attending a gran jury subpoena in the state of oregon
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the question. If this is for a State Court proceeding, including a grand jury, versus a Federal Court grand jury, then the statute at the following link applies: http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/33.105

To summarize, the court can hold the non-complying party in contempt and jail and/or fine them. You can see the specific amounts of time and money by looking at the statute, but generally they could be jail up to 6 months and fined up to $500, plus costs for each violation.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed after you have read the statute.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 11th.For some unknown reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing orin the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit(paid) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.