ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

I am 18 and recently got in contact with a 17 year old we

Customer Question

i am 18 and recently got in contact with a 17 year old we flirted a while semt some flirty pictures and i sent a video we are in louisianna the age of consent is 17 can i be prosecuted
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. You cannot be prosecuted for solicitation of a minor, etc... but if you received a picture from her without her clothes on, that could be child porn. Federal law governs what child porn is, and that is anyone under 18, even if it is legal to have sex with that person in the state that you are in. But sending her pictures and a video is not illegal as she is 17. Receiving them and holding onto them would be.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If there's nothing else, please rate this answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it 3 or more stars (good or better) AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!