Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a doc that almost killed me in 2011. stat of

Customer Question

I have a doc that almost killed me in 2011. stat of limitation expired. He filled out a false report of the incident, not intentionaly, time stamp verified it...I had quit breathing and there is an 8 minute window in the Adverse Event record where I was possibly not breathing....That is not what this is about though...I know when we consider Malpractise we must prove some damages...Well I can tell you about some damages as they relate to this same doctor prescribing me a powerfull drug called suboxone in Sept. of 2014. Took it for a few days but not the entire amount that he gave me...I started weaning down. over the next few months i became weak, couch potaoe. jump to currently beginning of Aug. I was to the point that I would take .1 mg every other day. Could not beat the anxiety. I had called other docs to see what they could do for me and they told me I had to go to the prescribing doctor. I had the Doc on my speed dial..He would always answer or call back. I think it is related to dumbing me down so i wouldn tell about adverse event and reports that didnt match, time stamp 2 mintes before the procedure and the like The next day I get a call from office staff. He wants to see me at 1pm. I am the last appt. He prescribes me 1mg zanax to be taken 3x daily. He had given me this med in the past when i was agitated. He said for 30 days! I was thinking a couple of days...I have a problem with Benzos. I am sure he knew that...Well between my mother the phyciatrist and the hospital I endend up in, we figured i took 13 pills a day until gone..That took about 2 weeks, it was 90 pills, I took them all as well as 30 oxycodone 5mg. to prevent withdrawl, i took some suboxone and slowly started to taper again.. Got to very small amout and quit..seemed ok kinda...One of the side affects of this drug is weakness and man was i weak...pulse rate of between 40 and 50. Wanted to go into the pool and jumped in the deep end, almost didnt make it, was going down for the last time. Several days latter i went to the hospital and was dillusional. Had been all week. When they took me into the er i was told i was being admitted..I saw Russians they were actually just radiologists from russia. In the room i was in very dreery and a metal box that said Medical Gasses..That was it for me! I pulled the iv out and i was getting out! Better to die like a lion than to die like a lamb.... Delusions all night. subsided the next day..spoke with phyciatris/neuologist..I told him this entire story. I told him that I had no intention of ever taking it again...He told me that I dont fit any criteria for in house phyciatric care. I think he may be involev now with medical board perhas...Back to the damage.....I lost an entire year of my life and my family has sufferd it along side of me..Should he be liable for all hospital bills and a slew of other issues relating to my easy access to him...I have phone records... Nearly died! all was a serious trama. What is one year of ones life worth?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You need to retain the services of a local Attorney who handles medical malpractice cases to review your case and decide the best course of action and your damages. I cannot make this complex review of your medical records within the confines of this forum. I cannot tell you what your case is worth based on your post here.

You can use the following sites to find local medical malpractice Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com