LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

My former friend is bringing me to court to get a

Customer Question

My former friend is bringing me to court to get a restraining order for contacting her several times after I found out that she had been having sex with my husband. Needless to say, my husband has heard quite a bit from me also. I can't find an attorney and my "friend" has one. Do I dare go without representation?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. Ideally, you would want to be represented by counsel but if not, then you can defend this on your own. In order to issue a restraining order against you, the judge must find that you caused or attempted to cause physical harm, or that you put someone in fear of imminent serious physical harm, or that you caused someone to have sexual relations with you by using force, threat or duress or that you have been constantly harassing this women. If none of these standards are met, the judge should not issue a restraining order against you. You can present evidence and bring any witnesses as well to defend this and show what she is alleging is not supported by a basis.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.