Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

Can you get into trouble with the law vicodin friend out of

Customer Question

Can you get into trouble with the law for purchasing vicodin for a friend out of state with their percription and shipping it across the state line on a regular bases?
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Yes, in short. You are purchasing a controlled drug. You are actually supposed to present your driver license to illustrate that you are the person to which the prescription has been issued. If you cannot show your license with the prescription matching, you must present a medical power of attorney for that person. If or when these things do not happen, you can get in serious trouble with the DEA. Moreover, going across state lines in complicates matters further as other federal trafficking statutes then come into play as well.

There are even issues of you being in possession of a controlled substance without a prescription that can cause great issues - criminally speaking.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Please rate my answer positively.

Best!

Just checking in on you to see if you had any additional questions. I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks