Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

Our divorce has not been filed. If paperwork has been

Customer Question

Hi, our divorce has not been filed. If paperwork has been prepared for us by an attorney, 5 years ago, can that paperwork be altered and resubmitted? Or, do we have to have completely new paperwork drawn up? This is in Missouri.
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You can use the Petition and other documents as a guide. You will need to update them and make necessary edits. You cannot handwrite those changes directly on the existing documents. You will need to retype them. But there is no reason that you can not prepare the new documents yourself using the the old ones as the guide.

The following links should be helpful to you:

http://www.selfrepresent.mo.gov/page.jsp?id=3832

http://www.mo.gov/home-family/marriage-divorce/

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.