Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I need to amend a couple of things in our trust/will. I have

Customer Question

I need to amend a couple of things in our trust/will. I have been told that I do not need a lawyer to write the changes and I have templates I found on-line. However I am not comfortable that what I change will stand-up to legal scrutiny.
Is there a way you can help or advise the best solution.
Paul Regna
Cobb County, GA
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Amending a Trust and amending a Will are two different processes.. Are you amending both or just one?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
trust
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then if you are amending a trust, you would just draw up an entirely separate document entitled "Amendment to the XYZ Living Trust, Dated Jan 1, 1999", or whatever the trust is named. Then you as the grantor (maker) would set out any changes to the trust that you wanted to make and then sign and date it at the end. No witnesses or notarization is necessary, although I always like to have a notary sign just as a matter of habit. Then you attach the amendment physically to the original trust and notify the trustee that there is an amendment to the trust that has been attached to it.

.

That is all you have to do..

.

.

thanks