LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

Can a legal assistant who works lawfirm be sued malpractice

Customer Question

can a legal assistant who works for a lawfirm be sued for legal malpractice in the state of Florida
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. It is unlikely. The reason why I say this is because the attorney has an obligation to supervise their staff and the work performed. If something happens, as a result of what the assistant did, the lawsuit would likely be against the attorney/firm and a complaint can also be filed with the Florida Bar, as well.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!