Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Here, I am going through a devorce. Would like to know how I

Customer Question

Hello Steven here, I am going through a devorce. Would like to know how I can get, or even if I need a " subpoena " , to get past bank deposits, cash withdraws, and transferes from my bank account. My wifes name was or was on the account also, but I was not aware of the transactions at the time they were happening. The money has come up missing an bills have not been paid. Looking for at least " four years of deposits and withdraws ". So my question is,,, Do I need a Subpoena ??? Thank you for any help you can give me ...
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello Steven

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest that any bank records should be subpoenaed. And that since you have a pending matter in the courts, you can get that subpoena from the clerk of the court where the divorce is filed.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Tell the Clerk you need a Subpoena Duces Tecum. That means you are issuing a subpoena for the documents to the bank.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Once the clerk issues the subpoena, I suggest you have someone at least age 18 who is not a party to the matter hand deliver it to the Bank branch manager where you do business.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you