Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

If a car dealer send a request to 12 different lending

Customer Question

If a car dealer send a request to 12 different lending institutions causing your credit score to drop from 728 to 636 can they be held accountable?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard

If you are in the process of purchasing a car and the car sale is contingent on the dealer securing lending, then somewhere in the documents you signed you granted permission for them to seek the loan. Unless those documents limit the number then the dealership is not liable or responsible, unfortunately. If there is a limited placed such as "we will contact 3 lenders" and the contacted more, then they can be held responsible.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am satisfied with the answer
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I will need you to please give a positive rating on the stars above, as that is the only way I get credit for my time and information. Thank you and good luck