Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have a default judgment in Putnam county Georgia on a

Customer Question

I have a default judgment in Putnam county Georgia on a individual. I know his bank and place of employment. I would like to garnish his wages. Hoe do I proceed. barry
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Here are the forms needed for garnishment (they are the same for all over GA): http://web.co.dekalb.ga.us/StateCourt/forms.htm

You need to file the affidavit of garnishment and summons for garnishment and it costs about $250 to file. You can see the instructions link at that link above and it walks you through the process step by step. You have the sheriff serve his bank and his employer for garnishment and then he gets to answer to try to avoid garnishment (his bank account is frozen that whole time) and if he cannot legally come up with reasons to not garnish him, they will take the money and turn it over to you.