Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I have written a book and would like to seek publication. I

Customer Question

I have written a book and would like to seek publication. I am in a position where I cannot personally receive any income. Is it legal to have all contracts relating to the book be with my son and to have my son receive all royalties should the book ever sell?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Further, if you get a message asking if you want to do additional services like a telephone call that message is automatically generated by the website and is not sent from me. I, like most of the experts in the Legal categories, do not do telephone calls due to issues with State Bar rules and other concerns.

Yes, you can gift him the rights to the book or set up some kind of a trust where the books are the only property of the trust.