P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

If a parent loses custody of their chld who in the family

Customer Question

if a parent loses custody of their chld who in the family legally has rights to the child
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

This is up to the court. That is, if a court removes parental rights, at that same time they will appoint a guardian for the child.

Family members can apply to be appointed as guardian...but it is not automatic. It is up to the court to determine, based on what is best for the child, to determine will be appointed guardian

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.