Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Im about to get asettlment of a medical malpratice lawsuit

Customer Question

im about to get asettlment of a medical malpratice lawsuit its really a open and shut case i went to my last deposition early june the they gave me a trial date ofjanuary 2016 i already seen my economical planner and medical planner and may 2016 my case will b 4 yeras old .and my lawyer isnt returning my calls and he isnt calling anyway period but he did tell my case is really high profile i dont know what to think the at all. and on top of all this i need a loan from him as well can you please tell me what steps to take to find these problems out thx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need to what i can do to find out about my case and how to go about getting a loan now i dont want to go to one of those people that take your whole settlement and dispense it to you as time goes along.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

First, I suggest, that a good attorney is a busy attorney. And unless there is something to discuss or report the attorney is not going to frivolously contact you as they charge for every letter, email, phone call or other communication with the client. So it could be the attorney is not contacting you because they don't want to "peel"away at your settlement with non information.

If you have questions that you would like answered, I suggest that you put them into a letter. List the concerns you have and in the letter request the attorney's office staff contact you to schedule a phone appointment to discuss those issues. That way the attorney will know what you need, and will be well prepared with the information and answers when they call you, instead of wasting your time and money only to find out what it is you need and then have to make a return call once they get the information for you.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in what conditions does a lawyer give a client a loan
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

It depends on the attorney. I suggest that I have never given a loan on a settlement. But you can discuss that with your attorney.