Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

Does bond revocation hearing mean automatically back to jail

Customer Question

Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

Helo. I'll be happy to assist you. Yes and no. A hearing is to simply determine if probation should be revoked, so just scheduling the hearing does not necessarily mean the revocation will be granted. That said, If probation is revoked at the hearing, the person will be going to jail, since they will no longer be on probaton. In theory, the judge has the authority to find that a person violated their probation but not revoke them, but that rarely happens. When the probation officer asks the judge to revoke probation and send the person to jail, the judge normally does so.

I hope that answers your question. If not, feel free to ask follow up questions. If so, please remember to "Rate" my answer before you go.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not probation. Bond

OK. The answer is basically the same. The judge has the authority to keep the person on bond despite the fact that they may have violated the terms, but it really depends on the judge and the reason the state is asking that the bond be revoked. So, it certainly doesn't mean that it is a 100% chance that the bond will be revoked, but there is a high probability.

Do you have any questions?

If you do have any questions, feel free to ask. If not, please remember to "Rate" my answer before you go. Good luck.