Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I have question about selling android tv box, i like to know

Customer Question

hi, i have question about selling android tv box, i like to know if there is any thing wrong selling these boxes? they work as a small computer that can streaming almost anything available on the internet... thank you
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

It is legal under the US Copyright laws to sell such devices. In the 1970's the United States Supreme Court held that copyright owners could not hold the manufacturer if video tape devices liable for any copyright violations the end user of the prodict might engage in. In so deciding the Supreme Court has provided the foundation for other tecnological advances, such as the one that you have described as well.

Here is a link to the case:

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-supreme-court/464/417.html

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.