Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

My moms lawyer was disciplined. She is concerned. She is

Customer Question

My moms lawyer was disciplined. She is concerned. She is leaving her house to only two out of fur of us. She has named us in her will. I cant locate my copy of the will. Without her attorney's practicing law should I be concerned shukd the two want to contest
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
need I be concerned that mom's attorney is no longer practicing if my other siblings want to contest her will?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest you should try to get a copy of the Will from the attorney. And because an attorney is disciplined does not mean they can no longer practice law. You can check with the Bar Association to see if they have been disbarred.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

I suggest the disbarment or discipline of the attorney should not affect if the will is contested, because they still drafted the Will at your Mother's request to her desires. And in that regard, the attorney certainly can still be a witness if it should come to that.