Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

My bank over charge my interest rate, what is my option at

Customer Question

my bank over charge my interest rate, what is my option at this point
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

First, as a bank customer you may demand a refund of the overcharge in writing sent by certified mail. If that doesn't solve the problem, a lawsuit may be necessary alleging breach of contract, negligence, unjust enrichment and violation of state and federal consumer protection laws.

As a lead plaintiffs in the case, you could seek class certification on behalf of all bank customers who may have been overcharged in the same manner that you were. It will require an attorney who specializes in class action suits to handle such a case.

I hope that this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. That is the only way I will be compensated for assisting you. Bonuses are appreciated too. I will be happy to answer follow-up questions which relate to this one. Also, since we are not acting as your attorney be sure to confirm our information with a local attorney. Thanks for choosing JUST ANSWER.