Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I was ordered to pay my husband 2500 dollars at 400 dollars

Customer Question

I was ordered to pay my husband 2500 dollars at 400 dollars a month in a divorce settlement. I did not because of unexpected things. we've been to court twice before a magistrate and he sent it to a judge. the judge dismissed it and now I have a letter with a court date saying they didn't know that both parties were in the waiting area, it is with good cause
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Please tell me what is the question; what information can I provide for you in this regard?

You want to know if there can now be a hearing on the matter because it had been dismissed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what went on in the court room , but I believe it was dismissed because my husband had a lawyers name on the paper he filed to get me back into court. But he filed pro se because that's what this latest court letter says. He lied when he filed and the court dismissed it by mistake and now I have a letter saying with good cause because the court did not know both parties were in the lobby
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can a case just be un dismissed?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

If the parties do not show up, the matter may be dismissed. However, it appears that your husband filed a Motion to Vacate the Dismissal based on the fact that you both were there and never heard the case called or for what ever reason and that the court has granted that. And so in that regard, I suggest it is appropriate for the court to now have a court date.