Briarcliff767
Briarcliff767,
8402582

Is advanced age, I'm 81 and my travel companion is a 79 year

Customer Question

Is advanced age, I'm 81 and my travel companion is a 79 year old woman, reason enough to allow us to bypass TSA inspection?
Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome!

The short answer to your question is 'no.' Everyone must go through TSA security screening; however, there are some special circumstances observed for older passengers in yours and your companion's age range. You might be able to keep your shoes and light jackets on and skip pat-downs. You can see more about this, HERE

It might also be worth your while to apply for TSA Precheck, a program that allows you to move more quickly through TSA security lanes and offers the same type of advantages as mentioned above, during screening. However, you are not guaranteed having Precheck appear on every flight ticket/boarding pass, as it is a random selection system. Many people do benefit from this, often, though. Here is more information: CLICK HERE

To apply, please see this site and follow directions: CLICK

I hope this helped and wish you safe travel!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed.

Warmest regards,
Cher

Expert:  Briarcliff767 replied 1 year ago.

Hi

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you. The expert above did not reference the TSA Cares center to you. They can assist with getting you and your friend a representative to help you go through screening and make it easier and quicker. Travelers may call TSA Cares toll free at 1-***-***-**** prior to traveling with questions about screening policies, procedures and what to expect at the security checkpoint. Please remember I am not the first expert so please do rate my answer so I will receive credit.