How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 40041
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm in middletown ny. I'm a self represent defendent in a

Customer Question

I'm in middletown ny. I'm a self represent defendent in a family court matter ( my aunt by marraige) ( fearful for safty). I was on the stand in my defence portion of the trial ( no jury) an we went into coin u acne till 9/9/15.
I need to get the plaintif bake on the stand. How should I proceed.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

You would have the ability to recall the witness once court recovenes.You can subpoena her if she is hostile witness.You get subpoena from the court clerk and serve it on her.

Since this has been continued if you are unsure she will attend you would subpoena her to the next hearing date.This ensures you can call her at the next hearing date.

Here is self help and step by step to do that...

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more.Thanks again and good luck here.