Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I'm currently going through a law suit, where I was a victim

Customer Question

I'm currently going through a law suit, where I was a victim in a car crash. My lawyers requested my medical records, and informed me that I tested positive for marijuana and cocain on a recent test performed by my pain specialist doctors.
What does this mean for my case?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard

Arizona use a a Pure Comparative Negligence law to determine how someone will be compensated. Pure comparative negligence is a system that compensates based on the level of fault of each party. A judge or jury will assign a percentage of guilt for each party that is involved in the accident and then award damages based on that percentage.

With this in mind, I suggest that the other party can argue that you also were negligent and so it can affect the percentage of settlement you will get.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you