LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I just received a threatening text from a partner that he

Customer Question

I just received a threatening text from a sexual partner that he pulls exposed me giving him oral sex via video
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

What is the threat that this person is making? Was this video recorded with your permission? Why would the police not make a report or investigate this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Quit calling folks talking about me for I put your business out. You forgot I got videos and every thing else of you. " this is the text. the police officer told me to make friendly with my sexual partner. he owes me money to for a car loan that I paid 835 for. he had given me only 400 of that back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was video recorded on the phone in which I told him to stop and delete it

Thank you for the additional information. The issue with him owing you money is a civil issue, not criminal, so if you want the balance back for the loan, you would need to sue him in small claims court. Now, the issue with video and his actions, could be criminal. It is not a situation where he is saying to give him X or not go after him for Y but a situation where he alleges you are talking about him. He says that he has "videos" of you, meaning plural, so if he recorded these without your consent and knowledge, he could be prosecuted. It appears that the police think this could be resolved by not speaking about him or giving him reason to believe but he did not necessarily say he is going to release these, even though it would appear that is the undertone of his message.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!