Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

If I continue to pay some of m en while looking place to

Customer Question

If I continue to pay some of m en while looking for a place to move, can the land lord force me out. I am 86 years old ad need help in movig.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If your rent is not paid in full, the landlord can still seek to serve you a notice of eviction and can proceed to court to seek a judgment of eviction against you. This is something you would need to work out with your landlord as far as getting the necessary time to move. If the landlord is accepting partial payments from you and has not pushed forward with the eviction, that is an indication that the landlord is being considerate of your situation, but if the landlord goes to court for eviction the court would have no choice but to evict you if the rent is not paid in full.