Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Motion pending on 9/3: contempt of visitation as father

Customer Question

motion pending for court on 9/3: contempt of visitation as father continuously cancels visits. Subpoened work records asking for reasons of days off from work. HR sent me their records of days clocked in/out. But I never received reasons for why he had days off. Can i contact the HR dept again for those records?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Yes, you may. Provided that the subpoena requests information that is pertinent to the case, then it may be subpoenaed. Now he or his work may try to file a motion for protection or to quash, asking to void or to alter the subpoena. If they do, then the Court decides if the records should be released based on if they are pertinent to the contempt motion.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.