ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

I work trash company, and I complaint was filed on me, but

Customer Question

I work for a trash company, and I complaint was filed on me, but they wont tell me what it says but they are asking me lots of question about it, I and wants me to answer those question do I have too??
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. No, you don't have to, but your employer can discipline you (or even fire you) if you don't. Colorado is an "at will" employment state. At-will employment means that without a contract, you have no contractual or other right to employment with the company. The company is entitled to fire you for any reason: a good reason, a poor reason, or no reason at all--as long as the company does not fire you for an illegal reason (race, gender, age, religion, etc...). But it extends beyond firing, to hiring, promotions, demotions, wage cuts and raises, disciplinary actions, and even scheduling. Unless you can show that this was done in violation of a contract, union agreement, or a clear violation of an unambiguous and binding clause against the employer, or that it was done because of some minority status (age, race, gender, religion, disability) that you have, then they do have this discretion.

So in short, even though their actions are unethical, immoral, and just wrong, they're not illegal, and they can discipline or terminate you if you don't answer these questions.

I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but it is the law. I hope that clears things up anyway. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** that, just wanted to be sure

My pleasure.If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

If there's anything else that you need assistance with, please let me know.