Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

My father gave me s Mustang when I was 17 and has been my

Customer Question

My father gave me his Mustang when I was 17 and has been my car for almost 10 years. However, He passed away 2 years ago with it being in collections. I wanted to pay the settlement to the collection agency, 2 years ago. My sister told me that there was a problem with my dad's info and that they had a different social security number. I was told I could not purchase my car at that time. Recently I had a falling out with said sister. She decided to go behind my back and pay the $1000 settlement and took my car. Is there anything I can do about this? I did not want to sell my car. I was in the process of figuring out how to pay it off. This is more than just a car to me. I have loved this car since I was 13. I want my car back.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Further, if you get a message asking if you want to do additional services like a telephone call that message is automatically generated by the website and is not sent from me. I, like most of the experts in the Legal categories, do not do telephone calls due to issues with State Bar rules and other concerns.

Was a probate done on your father's estate?