Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
20355756

I am a former citizen of Venezuela. I want to know if it is

Customer Question

I am a former citizen of Venezuela. I want to know if it is possible to sue the dictator of Venezuela and the country of Venezuela for damages done to me and my family and then be able to execute against Citco which is owned by Venezuela but is a corporation in the US?
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there --

-

Such a case cannot be brought in any state in the US or in any US federal court because such claims are political claims against the Venezuelan government based upon internal government policies, practices and parties and the court(s) and/or any other legal forums in other countries will not address such claims. If this were a case where the Ven government took away your us PASSPORT and you could not leave the country of Ven because of it, then you could bring a suit against the ven government to release your passport. I truly wish I could tell you something different here, but it is what it is.

-

MARY