Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Our neighbors across the street and sitting 19 ft. above our

Customer Question

Our neighbors across the street and sitting 19 ft. above our property, all smoke cigarettes and marijuana. There are seven or eight adults who participate in the smoking activities and they always smoke outside, by the pool or in the carport or in the grass approximately 50 feet from our property line. I have chemical sensitivity because of these people and their activities. Last Saturday afternoon, they had a marijuana smoking party outside. I was sitting in my living room working on the computer. All of a sudden my tongue began to swell, my throat began to swell, I began to have breathing difficulties, developed a headache, had difficulty thinking. I went to the down draft vent of the swamp cooper and was overwhelmed by the smell of marijuana. I immediately turned off the swamp cooler. Went to the kitchen and took some vitamin c and some glutathione and drank copious amounts of water to off set the anaphylaxis I was experiencing from the marijuana. I had difficulty breathing until approximately noon of the following day.
This is the first time I have had an anaphylactic response to their marijuana. I don't want another.
How do I get the problem resolved so that I do not have to suffer other life-threatening events because of their actions?
Thanks for your response.
Glenda Power
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Further, if you get a message asking if you want to do additional services like a telephone call that message is automatically generated by the website and is not sent from me. I, like most of the experts in the Legal categories, do not do telephone calls due to issues with State Bar rules and other concerns.

How are you sure it was caused by the marijuana? I can tell you the solutions to your issue but the burden will be on you to prove it was caused by them smoking, especially if it has never happened before.