CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I had a status conference,in pro-se, my case was taken off

Customer Question

I had a status conference,in pro-se, my case was taken off calander,what do I do next to get trail if I am ready to proceed to a trail hearing
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

In reading your two posts above, it appears that you went through a pre-trial process in front of a second judge after you had initiated a trial proceeding with an initial judge. The second judge took the second matter off calendar as the issues in that hearing need to be dealt with in the primary proceeding.

In order to get your matter back on track, go back to the matter before the first judge, and see what the status is, what do you need to do in order to get it back on docket (is it stalled, do you need to file any additional motions, etc.?), the discovery work that you did in the second case should be readily transferred, and while you will need to refile any pre-trial motions, you have already done most of the work in drafting them for the first judge (making pre-trial much faster).

If you have questions about the status of the case, contact the court clerk, they will assist you with status questions.