How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 29292
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I'm a foreigner and my passport expired.Can I fly back to

Customer Question

If I'm a foreigner and my passport expired.Can I fly back to my hometown
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
You're unfortunately required to have a valid passport to board an international flight, even if you a current photo identification. If your passport expired, check your country's requirements for renewing your passport while you're living in another country. You can also contact the nearest Embassy for assistance.
Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the thing,I came one and half year ago with f1 visa from China.Due to some reason I failed to keep my visa.My f1 status expired 7 month ago,I just wanna to go home what should I do.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to open a new question in Immigration to answer that. I'm only able to answer questions about your passport, and my answer to that remains unchanged. You will need a passport to board a flight out of the country.
To get a passport, again, talk to the Chinese Embassy in America.