CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

Dish network box caught fire and my house what can I do

Customer Question

Dish network box caught fire and burnt my house what can I do about it I had insurance but I still don't have much. I lost everything in the fire what the fire didn't get the water and smoke did. And dish just givING me the run around
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to learn of your loss.

You may have a claim for products liability against the manufacturer of your cable box. Given the nature of your claim (the fact that you lost a huge amount of property), I highly recommend going to a local civil litigation attorney to consult with regarding your claim.

Most attorneys will at least give you a consultation for free (or at a reduced rate), and many will prosecute a viable claim on a "contingency fee" basis - meaning they advance the costs of litigation, plus their legal services in exchange for a portion of your recovery.

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).