Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I LEASED A 2015 HONDA ACCORD &THE CAR CAME WITH A DEFECT IN

Customer Question

I LEASED A 2015 HONDA ACCORD &THE CAR CAME WITH A DEFECT IN THE REUTOR /BREAKS NOT SURE,THERE WAS A SOUND EVERYTIME I DROVE IT And it always felt it had the emergency break on. i told honda dealer&they said it was normal...until the other day i saw smoke coming out of the tire.i recorded the moment and sent it to the sales rep that took care of when i sold the vehicle.she schedule an appointment so they can check it and it stayed there [email protected] dealer for 2 days.they did something to it (added some fluid)&2 day s later i pick it up.4days later the rims are ON FIRE.FIREFIGHTERS CAME..CAN I SUE honda for selling me a damaged car ? i told them more than once something was wrong with it and they said it was fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also i wanted to point out that the only reason we saw the tire/rim was on fire was because we stopped at my friends house to get something and when we got off the car we saw it. if we didnt see it, we would of drove off and the car would of burst on fire with us inside.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

If the vehicle was defective, then you can definitely sue the manufacturer for any costs that you have incurred due to their putting a defective product in the stream of commerce. But if the dealer's actions were covered under warranty, then you might not have much in damages unless you missed work or something like that if they didn't provide a loaner car or your insurance didn't cover one.

.

Unfortunately, you can't sue the manufacturer for what could have happened...the courts only award damages for actual injuries, not potential ones. So you can't sue someone for "almost" hitting you, they have to actually do so. With that said, if you weren't injured and didn't lose any personal property in the vehicle due to the fire, then it would be difficult to sue them for anything over what you had invested in the car.

.

.

thanks