Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Mr. Smythe a friend owns a nightclub in the heart ot=f the

Customer Question

Mr. Smythe a friend owns a nightclub in the heart ot=f the University District. Mr. Cartes removed a mechanical bull from an outdoor patio, and he brought it inside with bungee jumping. He always has his customers sign a waiver of liability before taking the jump. Recently a teen ***** *****ed about his ager, he signed up for the jump and had a couple of shots of tequila. When he jumped, he ended up breaking his neck & dying by the damn bungee cord. His parents are angered and are sduing my friend, for negligence even though their son signed the liability paper. I told him it isn;t k=liable as the kid lied about his age. he was only 17! The kid falsified his id. Hid parents state anyone can look at him and know he wasn;t an adult of 21. TMy friend swears he did not look like a teenager or seem drunk. His parents insist that their son was not a drinker, & a couple of drinks would render him drunk. Then to top this off, they are declaring he was on the verge of becoming famous as a rock star and would most likely become a millionaire over and over again as a result of being successful. Their son promised to take care of them financially when it would happen but it is now not going to happen and their future is bleak financially as well as emotionally (emotionally due to their loss) People who frequent the bar told the newspaper interviewers that the night ckub was always an accident waiting to happen. What can the possible outcome be? Thank-you.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Further, if you get a message asking if you want to do additional services like a telephone call that message is automatically generated by the website and is not sent from me. I, like most of the experts in the Legal categories, do not do telephone calls due to issues with State Bar rules and other concerns.

Can you be a little more specific in your question? There are a lot of possible outcomes in a case like this.