Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I wrote a children'sstory in the 80's that I copyrighted and

Customer Question

I wrote a children'sstory in the 80's that I copyrighted and self published. Over the years my book has been used in countless preshools . I am now a widow and want to republish this work to take care of my needs. What is the best way to protect this work from this point on?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you already have a copyright on the book from the 1980's you still own the rights and the right to publish the work as many times as you want. So you are already protected and you have the right to enforce your copyright against anyone who is using the work without your consent and permission. You also have the right to republish the work as you see fit and sell it.