Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Attorney
Experience:  Twenty one years experience as a lawyer in New York and New Jersey. Former Appellate Law Clerk.
8370490

My cleaning service is accused of stealing a rolex watch; my

Customer Question

my cleaning service is accused of stealing a rolex watch; my insurance denied my customer's claim due to not having any proof of ownership, other than purchaser's name. How can we find watch in registry with name alone?
Expert:  Thomas Swartz replied 1 year ago.

Hello JACUSTOMER,

I would try Rolex Tracker.com. If the purchaser registered his/her watch with this service, they should have a record of ownership of the watch. And this should satisfy your insurance company as proof of ownership.

I hope this helps.

Thomas

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what a rip off!

Sorry I was not able to help you.

Thomas

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you read carefully I said I have a name and you can't just use a name with Rolex Tracker.com. You should know this right?

I thought it might have been a possibility that the purchaser had used Rolex Tracker.com service, and that through him, you might have been able to obtain the certificate of ownership, which should be good enough for your insurance company. Again, sorry if this will not work in your situation. Other than this, and without a purchase receipt, or other proof of ownership, I don't know what information you can present to your insurance company to prove ownership.

Thomas

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's ok.

Good luck. Sorry I was not able to help you.

Thomas