Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My question is that my husband was givin a one year bar

Customer Question

My question is that my husband was givin a one year bar because he had marijuana in his urine medical exam is there any way he can get back sooner
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

He was given a one year bar for what?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For the use of marijuana
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when he seen the officer he gave him that one year bar

Thank you for your replies.

A one year bar FROM what? I understand he used marijuana and tested positive, what is he being barred from. Tell us the whole story please as we do not know what is going on. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok he had his appointment in juarez in July and he had his medical exam done there to an on his test he had marijuana in his sistum so when he seen the officer he dined him entry for that reason

Thank you for your reply.

Depending on the level of marijuana in his test, if it was low, he can file for an Inadmissibility Waiver based on arguing the level was well below any continuous use levels and as such immigration can waive the inadmissibility. If he was not truthful on his forms regarding use of marijuana and the level was not very low which could indicate second hand assimilation of the marijuana, they will deny the waiver of inadmissibility. So he needs to file the I-601 and he needs to argue the level was low and also explain his family obligations that would cause a significant hardship if admission is not granted. That is his only realistic chance here and he really should use an immigration attorney in the US to assist him to give him the best possible chance of getting the I-601 approved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok he didnt lie he told them that he did use marijuana

Thank you for your reply.

Then his only chance is filing for the waiver of inadmissibility and ask Immigration to allow him in based on the levels of his test and the family hardship it would cause if he remains denied.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have 3 kids together an we are here in Mexico and it is really hard for them here an for me as well i would love to go back home my kids have been getting really sick here i want to go back but with out him i can't do it on my own

Thank you for your reply.

All of that needs to be put into the waiver form and getting him a US immigration attorney from http://www.hg.org to assist would significantly increase his chances of success.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well thank u very much for ur help an have a wonderful day an god bless u

Thank you for your reply.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.