Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Madam, I am an active member of Family organization "Akhter

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am an active member of Family organization "Akhter Foundation"along with my brothers and sisters in Bangladesh and here in USA; for the last 40 years, we used to take resolution and decisions of our family properties and other affairs in Bangladesh in skype meetings and telephone meetings and recorded written records, the organization is not registered but it has family written constitution and long history
!. For the last three years I worked for a family multi storied bulding plan, all construction planning, design and drawing administrative works with Plan approval and passing authority, I am an engineer , staying in Dhaka , Bangladesh on my own cost there. Now the Foundation's three members out of 16 members are not giving powerr of attorney so that work can go on, I want monetary compensation case here and in Bangladesh
They live here in Marylanr and New York, Can I sue them in Washington DC?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Further, if you get a message asking if you want to do additional services like a telephone call that message is automatically generated by the website and is not sent from me. I, like most of the experts in the Legal categories, do not do telephone calls due to issues with State Bar rules and other concerns.

I don't see anything in your facts to suggest Washington DC has either venue or jurisdiction over the matter. In your mind, why would DC be the proper place for a lawsuit?