Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

My wife and I live in Arizona and a judgement was filed

Customer Question

My wife and I live in Arizona and a judgement was filed against us in December, 2011. At the time the judgement was filed, my wife had become disabled, had heavy medical obligations, behind on our home (which we eventually short sold) and were basically insolvent. She has since been able to return to work and this week we were served a Petition in Support of Supplemental Proceedings for the judgement filed in December, 2011 ordering us to appear with various documents regarding current financial status. This is the first time we have been contacted by the law firm since the judgement. What rights, if any, do we have?
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

You are obligated to show up and bring the documents they requested. If you feel like any of the requested documents are not relevant or are privileged, you can object to them.

If you refuse to cooperate, you could be held in contempt of court. Basically, the objective of the hearing is to determine your financial status, and what, if any, assets or income they may go after to satisfy the judgment.

Do you have any questions? If so, feel free to ask. If not, please remember to "Rate" my answer before you go. Good luck.