Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I work army. I need to know how to file complain color and

Customer Question

I work for the army. I need to know how to file complain for discrimination for skin color and they have assigned a A 15-6 investigation against me. The building where I was working has been evacuated for construction. They asked me to return the building door key. After I gave it to them they said that it is a copied version and not the original one and it is illegal to copy government building key. What can I do and what are the chance that I will be found guilty and what evidence they need to convict me
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

In order for them to prove a case against you, they have to prove that was not the key they gave you to the building. So, if they can prove the key you turned in was not the one they provided to you, then you are in violation of the regulations about copying of keys. You should have a local attorney representing you in this particular case to try to avoid any conviction or minimize any punishment they try to seek.

As far as your discrimination based on skin color (race/national origin is what you have to prove) you would have to file a complaint with the EEO Officer on base and they have to open an investigation to investigate your complaint. They will then issue a determination letter, which would then grant you a right to sue if they substantiate your claims.