CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I've been texting my ex girlfriend too much and I think she

Customer Question

I've been texting my ex girlfriend too much and I think she may apply for a no contact order...I live in Cobb county Georgia. Does the police usually issue a warning? There no threatening text. Tha ks
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

No, there is no "warning"

If you think that this may be an issue, this is usually a good time to stop trying to communicate with the individual.

If they choose to initiate new communications with you, they can do so, but it is usually a good idea to stop.

If you end up with a civil restraining order against you, this can have far reaching consequences beyond simply being told you can't talk to the person anymore (you can lose your right to possess firearms, this will show up on background checks, it will appear in future legal proceedings).

This is a very serious matter.

So if you think you are running a risk of "texting so much she is going to file for a protective order" - simply stop texting her.