ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Can I talk to the other party after I have received a

Customer Question

Can I talk to the other party after I have received a subpoena to testify against them?
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Yes, in that in the absence of a court order telling you not to talk to the other party, you may. Now you could be asked if you talked with the other party, and that could be used against you (if your testimony lines up suspiciously close to what the accused party says). Your testimony would also be under oath, so you certainly couldn't lie on the stand (that's perjury). But there's nothing that would otherwise prohibit you from simply talking with that party.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)